Redhat on a SPARC

I'm trying to install Red Hat 6.1 on a SPARCstation 5 here at work and I'm
having some trouble with the install.  When it starts formatting the
partitions, it gives me a signal 10.  Any ideas?  My guess is that I have
some bad sectors.  This machine currently has no operating system or
floppy drive, but if the problem is in fact bad sectors I need to find a
low level format utility for SPARC.  I'm not having any luck on Freshmeat.
Does anyone have any ideas on what a signal 10 is and what I can do about
it?

Also, I had a question on building bootable CDs under linux.  Can I build
a bootable ISO image by copying all the files to a partition, dd'ing a
boot image to it, and then dd'ing the entire partition into a file and
name it image.iso?  Would I need to use an FS other than ext2?

Thanks a lot!!!

-Brian