Re: [TCLUG:15891] GTK+ and RPM

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Adam Maloney wrote:

> Read on ONLY if you are strong enough to brave the stupidity that
> is...RPM.

:D

> So I decide to just force it.  Nope, you can only forcefully install and
> upgrade, you can't forcefully REMOVE things (no, that would just be too
> nice...).

`--nodeps' is what you want. Slipping in a newer RPM after doing `-e
--nodeps' on the old one has worked for me. Yes, `--force' is only for
install. Good luck. Personally, whenever I upgrade packages, I whack the
RPM as above and install new from source. Over time my system becomes less
and less RHL-like.

--
Christopher Reid Palmer : innerfireworks.com

Necklaces sends out subversive signals.
beware.
alien attacks?
-- d93kp