Re: [TCLUG:15961] Internet myths

Internet == pr0n ??

that's a myth?? you gotta be kidding me!!!

anyone want to buy a 550mhz w/ 256 megs of ram and 35 gigs of HD space??
;)

</end sarcasm>

how about these myths:

56k = 56k (if you've ever worked tech support, my god does this suck to
explain why people cannot connect above 19.2k or whatever, the best is
when people bitch about getting 48k connections :)

internet explorer / netscape doesn't = the internet (also a helpdesk
question answered a lot)