Re: [TCLUG:16063] TCLUG jobs list

Bob Tanner writes:
> Quoting Tim Sandquist (tim@damango.net):
> >
> > Is there an archive of the jobs mailing list?
> > My friend is looking for a job and I'm not on
> > the mailing list so I was hoping there was an
> > archive.
>
> I do not archive the job posting because they age so quickly.
> --
> Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
> http://www.real-time.com                | Fax   : (612)943-8500
> Key fingerprint =  6C E9 51 4F D5 3E 4C 66 62 A9 10 E5 35 85 39 D9

I think it would be useful to archive the job postings for two reasons.

First, often people want it, if only for the most recent postings.
The example above is one.  In my case, when I first found tclug,
I was looking for a job, and tried to find the tclub-jobs archive.
In other cases, you might get RIFed, and want to see the recent
postings...or ANY postings :-).

Second, a jobs archive would at least indicate what companies are
doing Linux work and/or might have Linux jobs.  You can then go to
the web sites of those companies, and find the current openings.

The size of the archive would be pretty trivial, so I don't think
that would be an issue.

Anyway, that's my $0.02.

--
John Hesterberg			email:	jh@sgi.com
Technical Lead, HPC Linux	phone:	651-683-5879