Re: [TCLUG:16088] High-load websites

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Luke Francl wrote:

> Also, for very high demand websites, Apache may not cut it due to the fact
> that it is not threaded. Apache pre-forks child web servers, which is
> good, but under heavy load, Apache has no choice but to do expensive

Apache2.0, might be out there, but will be doing thrededness. :)

> webpages a la PHP (but predating it by 3+ years); Roxen, which I believe
> has embedded Pike scripting; and Zeus, which I know nothing about...

Yeah, but the new x86 php non-free (as in freedom, not beer) really speeds
things up.. Check it out, you have to install it seprately.. but after the
1st php usage, its *fast*.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
http://www.ringworld.org/  finger:dieman@destiny.ringworld.org