Re: [TCLUG:16105] SGI Indy is here....

Nate Carlson wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Robert Sinland wrote:
> >   Ok, I know this is late to be asking, and dull for many of you.
> > To make a long story short I have the cash to get one of these.
> > The problem is how to justify it with the "other half".
> >   Some of you must face similar concerns, so how did you
> > wrangle it?
> > RS
>
> You can't justify it with "It's a $225 toy that will give me many hours of
> fun quiet time where you won't have to put up with me"?   *grin*

 Heh!   Saw some nice answers here guys:)  What I was hoping for, and this is
my fault for not doing my homework, is what could the INDY do that none of my
other 5 or 6 (or so) boxes wont?  My other boxes being a mix of AMD/Intell
machines
running anything from DOS to Linux. For the record I loaned out my Multia to
another
geek type who just had to play with it for awhile :)
  Hey I could turn this into a contest maybe....
one free (used) Classic SB-16 with the creative labs 2xCD-ROM for
the least bad answer:)
RS