Re: [TCLUG:16238] XF4.0

  Hi,

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Brian wrote:

> I just got Xfree86 4.0 running on my Mandrake 7.02 box here at work.  I
> got X configured ok,l but when it starts up the mouse pretty much loses
> control and it also looks like a bunch of line feeds are being sent to my
> Xterms.  They are both PS/2, and the mouse is an intellimouse with a
> whell.  It looks like they're screwing each other up possibly.

Did you configure the mouse specifically with XF4? Because they changed
that section from 3.3.*. XF4's xf86config (or whatever) does NOT SET IT UP
CORRECTLY.

Here's what it looks like for my Logitech Mouseman+ Wheel or whatever. you
might have to change the 'buttons' thing.

Section "InputDevice"

# Identifier and driver

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/psaux"
    Option  "Buttons"       "6"
    Option  "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
#    Option "SampleRate"        "150"

EndSection

Please let us know how X4.0 works for you. I found that it was lacking
DPMS and Shape extentions, two things I can't live without. Too bad, cause
it WAS fast. I think xlockmore-17alpha02 _can_ do dpms on X4.0.

HTH,

-Yaron