Re: [TCLUG:16238] XF4.0

Yaron <jethro@yaron.org> wrote:

>From ??? Fri Feb 19 09: 25
>Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10

>  Hi,
>
>On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Brian wrote:
>
>> I just got Xfree86 4.0 running on my Mandrake 7.02 box here at work.  I
>> got X configured ok,l but when it starts up the mouse pretty much loses
>> control and it also looks like a bunch of line feeds are being sent to my
>> Xterms.  They are both PS/2, and the mouse is an intellimouse with a
>> whell.  It looks like they're screwing each other up possibly.
>
>Did you configure the mouse specifically with XF4? Because they changed
>that section from 3.3.*. XF4's xf86config (or whatever) does NOT SET IT UP
>CORRECTLY.
>
>Here's what it looks like for my Logitech Mouseman+ Wheel or whatever. you
>might have to change the 'buttons' thing.
>
>Section "InputDevice"
>
># Identifier and driver
>
>    Identifier  "Mouse1"
>    Driver      "mouse"
>    Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
>    Option "Device"      "/dev/psaux"
>    Option  "Buttons"       "6"
>    Option  "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
>#    Option "SampleRate"        "150"
>
>EndSection
>

>Please let us know how X4.0 works for you. I found that it was lacking
>DPMS and Shape extentions, two things I can't live without. Too bad, cause
>it WAS fast. I think xlockmore-17alpha02 _can_ do dpms on X4.0.
>

>HTH,
>
>-Yaron
>
>--

YEEE HAAWWWW!!!!!  That done it :-)

I should let you know that I'm not incredibly saavy when it comes to X.  The only reson I'm running 4.0 is to get support for my ATI Rage 128 (which it does nicely I might add).  I have noticed it's WAY faster than X3.3.3, though :-)  Another question I've got is on my Token Ring card (yes, sadly this thing is running on TOKEN RING).  I need the linux drivers for the Olicom 16/4.  Supposedly they exist but Olicom was bought by Madge, and Madge's T/R drivers won't work with my Olicom.  Anyone have experience with  Olicom T/R under linux?  (other than removing them and replacing with ethernet).

-Brian