Re: [TCLUG:16281] Linux 2.2.5-15 and 1024Gb of RAM

First: even with 2.2.5 the "mem=" option from the boot:
prompt should have worked.  If you are trying to do
it from within lilo.conf it is options="mem=XXXM".
If this failed it means that it may have been *patched out*
of the build you have for mysterious reasons.

There have been a variety of memory detection changes.
I would personally try 2.2.14(or .15 if it is out) and
boot from disk or a "test" boot image in lilo.

If that fails utterly try a current 2.3/4 kernel in the same
way, the newest kernels have multiple methods of detecting
memory. There have been a few systems that simply do not
report their memory in a way that older kernels can understand.

Daniel Taylor