Re: [TCLUG:16363] irq timeout

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 andy@theasis.com wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:11:36 -0500 (CDT)
> From: andy@theasis.com
> To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org
> Subject: Re: [TCLUG:16363] irq timeout
>

> > this seems to be happening more and more
> > Apr 17 18:54:37 bliss kernel: hdc: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
> > kernel 2.2.13
> > /dev/hdc is a cdrom
> >
> > any ideas ?

MY BAD!:)

Ok, if it's a cdrom, its STILL having troubles reading. :)

Try getting a _good_ cd player cleaner (ones for audio cd players are fine),
and run it through its paces..  Did wonder for mom's machine.

If that fails, contact your local cd player/cd rom guru and see if he can
clean and/or adjust the drive to make up for a (possibly) weak laser diode.

Anyways, I'd make sure the cables are straight (as mentioned before), and
double, triple, and even quadruple-check the power connector and cable.  If
that doesnt fix things, start saving up for a replacement. :(

-David