Re: [TCLUG:16363] irq timeout

> this seems to be happening more and more
> Apr 17 18:54:37 bliss kernel: hdc: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
> kernel 2.2.13
> /dev/hdc is a cdrom
>
> any ideas ?

I got a similar message from a drive that went bad, and eventually became
unreadable. I also got it on an older laptop when the hard drive slipped
a bit loose off the pins (had lost the retaining screws, so it had a
little room to slide around).

I suggest checking the IDE cable first, to ensure a sound connection (and
a good cable). If that doesn't solve it, perhaps the drive itself is
going?

Andy Scherrer