Fun with LILO

Hello all,

I have a machine that was apparently damaged by someone hitting the power button
repeatedly.

It's a Red Hat 6.1 system with a mix of IDE and SCSI drives.
Lilo was origionally installed on /dev/hda  with the root partion on
/dev/sdb1

Lilo terminates with   LI  for an error code  (Bad disk geometry I think)

Booting from a floppy I can rerun lilo and get  0x82 may not be accessable

Can I fix this problem by adding   disk = /dev/sdb  bios = 0x80  to lilo.conf
and/or do I need to try to redo the MBR on /dev/hda with  fdisk /mbr a few
times?

Unfortuantly the machine isn't here in front of me so I havn't been able
to play too much.

--

|\/|ike@GetBent.net