Re: [TCLUG:16456] X on a Remote Server

I've finally (!) got around to installing SSH on my Linux servers and am also
looking for a 95/98 client.

I tried Putty and got the following on the server log file.

Apr 20 11:12:27 zeta-it sshd2[16545]: Remote host disconnected: Illegal
protocol version.
Apr 20 11:12:27 zeta-it sshd2[16545]: protocol version not supported:
'Illegal protocol version.'

Is this an issue with my running sshd2 on the servers and putty using ssh1?
Do I need to enable some backward compatability?  Also what about key gens.
Theres like no documentation on Putty, but I assume I need to generate a
public key somehow and transfer it to the server?  I'm really new to ssh.

Thanks.

-John