Re: [TCLUG:16456] X on a Remote Server

I haven't used PuTTY but it might only impliment ssh1.
There are two versions of the ssh protocol: ssh1 and ssh2.
ssh2 is a completely different protocol that isn't open.
I believe ssh1 is open now so it is more common to find
ssh1 clients than ssh2 clients.

Try installing ssh1 and ssh2 on your linux machine.
They can coexist if you set it up right.

Tim