Re: [TCLUG:16456] X on a Remote Server

Clay Fandre wrote:

> Nick.T.Reinking@supervalu.com wrote:
> > No, PuTTY doesn't support ssh2.  Here is what the wishlist
>
> Why are people running ssh2? What are the main advantages over ssh1? I
> really haven't investigated ssh2 so I pretty much clueless. But I do
> know what the licensing of ssh2 SUCKS. ssh1 works just fine for me.

I was told that our department is looking at ssh2 because:

	2 > 1

and so it must be better. Also there was some liability disclaimer
language in the ssh1 license that was not well recieved (I found the
same language in the ssh2 license and pointed it out to them). It really
doesn't matter much because we move so slowly that ssh9 will be out when
we get around to using as we should.

:-/

--

Yes, the president should resign.  He has lied to the American people,
time