Re: [TCLUG:16660] Obsolete Hardware Swap

Yaron writes:
>   Hi,
>
> Ok, kinda off-topic, but I can't find these things anywhere...
>
> Anyone have or know where I can find RAM modules to upgrade an onboard S3
> videocard to 2mb of RAM? I did that years ago in a different country, and
> can't find those modules anywhere. Computer Renaissance don't know what
> I'm talking about, as usual...
>
> -Yaron

There is a place in Eagan that recycles old computers for precious metals,
lead, etc.  What they can, they salvage and sell at their surplus store.

        MPC Surplus Store
        2805 West Service Road
        Store hours: M-F 10am - 5pm
        Phone: (651) 681-7366
        http://www.materialsprocessing.com/sspage.htm

When I was there last week (got a 3com ISA NIC for $5), I noticed a box
of old simms/dimms.  If you know what you need, you might be able to dig
through the box and find it.  You could try calling, too, I dunno if that
would work.

FWIW, the drop off cost is $0.35/pound, or $15 per monitor.
Apparently monitors have 4-7 pounds of lead in them!

Cheers,

--
John Hesterberg			email:	jh@sgi.com
Technical Lead, HPC Linux	phone:	651-683-5879