Re: [TCLUG:16653] News Sites

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
<snip>

> I ought to write up a web page that grabs the notable stuff from each of the
> pages, and collects it together...

Check out NewsClipper.  (http://www.newsclipper.com)  You set up an HTML
template that says what you want where...then you run the template through
the News Clipper perl script.  News Clipper has "handlers" that go and
grab the information and place it in your template.  I am using it on my
site and it's great for putting all your info on one page...in a format
you like.  (I can sit down every morning and read all my comics, already
cached locally on my webserver!)  If you have a website that doesn't have
a "handler" it is very easy to write your own.  (I wrote one for WCCO's
website).

Dave Royer
-----
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes
  hurtling down the highway." -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum - Computer Networks