Re: [TCLUG:16882] SGI Indy dead-on-arrival protection

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, David S. Cargo wrote:
> With our order of SGI Indy systems, do we have any protection from
> dead-on-arrival systems?

Yes; DOA systems will be replaced by the seller.

> If we do not have such protection from the seller, I thought of a
> possible solution, a kind of self-insurance.
>
> If we each kicked in an extra 5 percent or so, we could buy a few
> extra systems as replacements.  Even if we had no DOA systems, the
> insurance pool could be used to replace systems as the failed.

I was thinking about this too.. but the problems we'd have to overcome
might be too much of a pain.. for example, people getting pissed if their
Indy dies and all the spare boxen are already gone.. :)

--
Nate Carlson <natecars@real-time.com>   | Phone : (952)943-8700