Re: [TCLUG:16898] Par port SCSI bootdisk?

Hey,

> Since standard parallel ports are lucky to see 45k/sec, we'll be standing
> there watching the installer for a long while.  Is there any way to pass
> around a pcmcia NE2000 and do nfs install(s) in case the laptop has a pc
> card slot?  Those can easily triple the paraport's speed. =)

I have a PCMCIA 10baseT Ethernet Adapter (and would be happy to share it
at the installfest).. but I really want to get the Trantor going for
systems that _lack_ pcmcia or cd-rom... I agree that the pport is slow as
molasses in January, but for the machines on which it would be used, I
doubt I would be perfroming anything like a _full_ install... and a couple
of hundred megs goes over the cable in less than an hour.

If someone could just Elmer me through the kernel patch process, I'd be
grateful.

Bill Layer
b.layer@vikingelectronics.com