Re: [TCLUG:16890] Indy memory / drive Q

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Bill Layer wrote:

> Which type of RAM (EDO, FPM, SDRAM DIMM) and drive (SCSI, IDE) ?

     Your exact question may have been answered, but I'd like to
point out a fun quirk with these Indy's.  They have two four-bank
areas for memory, and you *must* install memory in sets of four
so that the section is completely full.  On top of having to do
that with parity SIMM (kind of expensive in itself), SGI also
suggests you use memory with gold leads, as tin leads in their
gold slots will cause corrosion.  If you're going to buy memory
you're best off looking for stuff specifically labeled as being
for SGI's.

Scott
-- ossuary.net --
"I can see you now, smiling as you pulled away"
 -Berlin