IMAP/POP/Evolution/etc. (was: iCalendar ware?)

> Are you a `compile-from-source' man?
Tried source and debs.

> you didn't specify the `--prefix' and `--sysconfdir' arguments when

Did that.

> Evolution works fine on my box (Though I can't say I've done anything
> with the iCalendar stuff).

At least I'm doing better than Yaron! =) Ah well, netscape meets my
e-mail needs. Yay IMAP.

On that note, when you want to get to your pop box via imap, and your
ISP doesn't support it, there's always fetchmail. If you can get a shell
to your IMAP server, configure fetchmail there. If not, you can run it
locally and just hit up your local mail spool.

My setup used to work like this:
fetchmail hit up my campus account, my work account, my isp account, a
few other shell accounts (gogeek.org, asker.net, hmmm...who else?) all
via pop except for the campus account (yay they did IMAP but I couldn't
set up procmail...disabled shell account...blah.)

fetchmail dumps mail to procmail, which sorted mail into folders stored
in ~/mail/ Each account had it's own folder, and my main e-mail account
has about 30 filters to get through. (sort out mailing lists, dump spam
to /dev/null, really cool stuff. Wonder if procmail can change the
priority flag...)

Since mail is in ~/mail, pine can pick it up. When I first set it up,
Debian's IMAP server was configured to look in ~/mail as mail root.
Apperently changing that to ~/ fixed a bug, so no my home directory is
full of symlinks. (~/tclug -> ~/mail/tclug)

Also keeping the folders in ~/mail lets pine read the folders without
any hacking. Best part is, I can get to my mail vis shell (pine), IMP,
or any IMAP client I choose. Slick.

--
        \\\|///
      \\  - -  //
       (  @ @ )
----oOOo--(_)-oOOo--------------------------------------------
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132
21801 Industrial Blvd       | (FX)  763-428-9126
Rogers, MN  55374           | (PCS) 612-306-6055
---------------Ooooo------------------------------------------
               (   )
      ooooO     ) /
      (   )    (_/
       \ (
        \_)
begin:vcard
n:Zbikowski;Andy
tel;cell:612-306-6055
tel;fax:763-428-9126
tel;home:763-591-0977
tel;work:(763)-428-9119 (ex.132)
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.ltiflex.com
org:LTI Flexible Products
adr:;;21801 Industrial Blvd;Rogers;MN;55374;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:andyzb@ltiflex.com
title:System Administrator
x-mozilla-cpt:;18528