Re: [TCLUG:20044] Latex Problem

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 09:10:24AM -0500, anave@macalester.edu wrote:
> Anyone good at troubleshooting Latex? I've got a really weird problem with
> dvips and mktexpk. I've got it narrowed
> down to mktexdir (which mktexpk calls), which seems to fail for no reason.
> I've checked write privs many times, and I have reinstalled Latex several
> times, both from binaries and RPMs. If someone has an idea, I'd sure be
> glad to hear it.

Still haven't seen any replies on this one, so I thought I'd
try to get some more info from you.

I use LaTeX on Solaris and Debian and the problem your having doesn't
really sound familar.  So what happens exactly?  You try to dvips
a dvi file and dvips crashes while calling mktexdir?  I assume
that the dvi file looks fine under xdvi.  So what are the error
messages that you are getting?  What command line are you calling
dvips with?  Does dvips work with any LaTeX files, or is it just
one particular file that's giving you problems? What style are
you using? What are the permissions on the directory that mktexdir
seems to be dying at?

Anyway, whatever info you can give might help us figure out
what's going on.

--
Jim Crumley                 |
crumley@belka.space.umn.edu |