Re: [TCLUG:20067] ancient computers

I had a Sinclair ZX81, too. The kit was $99 and the
built unit was $149. Later on I bought an aftermarket
64 KB expansion module. The RAM module was so big that
if you moved the unit at all, the connection wiggled
and it crashed. And with that chicklets keyboard, it
was impossible to write enough code to come close to
needing the extra memory without cramping and shifting
about and ... crashing.

It's possible I still have the thing in a box in the
basement. Are you interested? I'd be happy to see it
go to a good home.

Vanessa Van Alstine
vvanalst@yahoo.com