Re: [TCLUG:20067] ancient computers

Although it was made well before I was born, I have one of those TI
programable calculators sitting next to me: the TI-59.  It even has a
bunch of those magnetic cardboard strips, although sadly none of them
work.

I still have my first computer (Apple II+) and monitor (green monochrome
made by apple) in the basement.  When I got it, I couldn't afford to buy
software, so I learned to write my own.  I was so cool, because I knew
BASIC.  Everything still works 22 years after it was made.  Quite a
testament to old computer reliability, IMHO.  Scary, though, that my TI-89
graphing calculator is many times more powerful than my first
computer, or even my first Mac. (16MHz 68000 vs. 8MHz 68000 vs. 1MHz 6502)

Cheers,
Jeff