Re: [TCLUG:20217] Installfest - anyone bringing Partition Magic?

Gabe Turner officer wrote:

> You won't need partition magic unless you want to join the two partitions.
> i suggest you forget about partition magic and just make the current linux
> partition a new win98 partition.  Inlinux, fire up fdisk.  Change the
> partition type of the linux partition to fat32.  Then when you boot up
> win98, the drive will appear in your "My Computer" windows and all you have
> to do is right click on it and choose "Format" to make a fat32 file system
> on it.  Then, get to a command prompt and type "fdisk /mbr" to get rid of
> lilo.  There you have it, stand-alone win98 box.

Can fdisk move partitions?  I have a laptop that has a two-partition 6GB
drive.  Both partitions are formatted to NTFS.  With PartitionMagic (in
the past), I have been able to shrink the size of the second partition
in order to make space for Linux.  However, PartitionMagic chokes upon
startup on this laptop so I was looking for alternatives.  Right now, I
really can't ax the partition and redo it.

--
Perry Hoekstra
Consultant