Re: [TCLUG:20253] Disgust at RH

Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> "Troy A. Johnson" wrote:
> > Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> > >
> > > So far, I am only batting .500 on attempts to install/upgrade RH6.2 on
> > > my various machines.  On my database server, the installation croaks
> > > trying to detect my mouse.
> >
> > I ran into this when installing RH6.0, and the quick and dirty solution
> > was to "Alt+F2" (or was it "Alt+F3") to the command prompt (bash, I
> > think) and then "ps auxw | grep mouse" and "kill -9" the "mousecfg" (or
> > something close) process.
>
> How do you restart the process?  When it hits the mouse config portion,
> it thinks for a moment and then the screen goes black like the entire
> process goes belly up.

If I am not mistaken, the black screen is the mouse config program
thinking about how to configure the mouse correctly, and it is stuck.
Just "kill -9"-ing it will not allow it to return a "fail" value to the
main install program, so the install will go on it's merry way. If I am
not mistaken. :-)

Troy

--
Troy Johnson   mailto:john1536@tc.umn.edu   http://umn.edu/~john1536/
I wrote a few children's books...not on purpose.