Re: [TCLUG:20296] window size

.xinitrc in your home directory is probably where that is set.  The
line will contain "xterm" or "rxvt".

pico is part of the Pine package from the U of Washington, but I imagine
if you installed it from the cdrom it's probably there.  You would've gone
to /usr/src/ports/whater/pine and done a make install or whatever.
It's probably there but just not in your path.

Try: /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb
Then: locate pico

or:

find / | grep pico