Re: [TCLUG:20296] window size

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 12:28:15AM -0700, Apu wrote:
> Q1.
> When I launch startx, I get three windows initially but the sizes are a
> little too big on the bottom. What is the file I need to modify to change the
> window sizes. Also, how do I put more icons on the sides ? any example files?

It depends on your window manager and what said "three windows" are.

> Q2.
> I have added all the packages from the cdrom(freeBSD4.0), but I can't use
> xemacs or pico or xv or any other popular utilities that I am used to. How do
> I get this in this box ?

to install xemacs:
    cd /usr/ports/editors/xemacs
    make all install

to install pico:
    cd /usr/ports/mail/pine
    make all install

to install xv:
    cd /usr/ports/graphics/xv
    make all install

Since you're using freebsd (and this is not a freebsd mailing list) I
suggest you read the freebsd handbook at www.freebsd.org/handbook.

HTH,

Gabe

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp@acm.cs.umn.edu

"I'm gonna hit ya, and you're gonna fall.
 And I'm gonna look down, and I'm gonna laugh."
 						- Ren Hoek in "Sven Hoek"