[TCLUG:20325] Mysql server installation

I have mySql client successfully installed, but when I try to
install the server(network install), at the very last stage I
get a message that my hostname is not in DNS..( it's doing some
sort of nameserver query I suppose). I am in the network by a
cable modem and I am not yet thinking to force install mySQL
server.

Is there a way to get my name updated/registered to the DNS ?
other alternatives ? (not dyndns!)

Also, worth mentioning here that how much I appreciate all of
your help.. specially gabe. TCLUG rocks.

Apu

-----