Re: [TCLUG:20449] E-Mail forwarding problem

Mike Glaser said:
> Question: must I place .forward files into each account I want forwarded or is
> there some way around this with DNS and MX records? Can't I just send mail
> out to anywhere somehow? My knowledge of these things is quite basic, but I
> am trying to learn.

It depends.  .forward files will redirect mail from specific accounts on
system A to arbitrary accounts on system B.  MX records direct _all_ mail for
users on system A to the same username on system B.  (Essentially, the MX
record says, "All mail for foo.corp.com should be delivered to
mail.corp.com.")

So, do you want to redirect mail for specific accounts or for all accounts?

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+