Irix 6.5 Unix log on problem

I have a question pertaining to my SGI Origin 200 box here at work.

Users are now getting the following error message when they try to log into
the system.

This file server will not allow any additional users to log on. Try again
later.

If you are logged onto the system everything works fine. Once a user logs
off, they can not get back onto the system. Is it possible that the usr
directory got corrupted somehow? This is the first time that we have had
this type of problem with this system.

Thanks

Bob Hanson