Some GNOME Questions

Greet the sun all,

I have a couple of GNOME questions.

1) Is it possible to de-install/install the GNOME Command Center?
Everytime I try to access it, BOOM, it crashes.

2) When I installed GNOME/Enlightenment under RH 6.2, individual users
had the ability to modify settings, add menu items, etc.  Running under
Debian/woody, I get a permissions error.  How do I give permissions to
users to alter the default settings.

Yes, I did RTFM but the GNOME manuals start from the perspective of
having successfully installed GNOME and I don't think I am there yet.  I
can run Enlightenment but cannot alter settings.  If I try to move to
Sawmill, my screen goes blank.  Do I need to completely
deinstall/reinstall GNOME?

Thank you,

Perry Hoekstra