Re: [TCLUG:20517] Some GNOME Questions

Perry Hoekstra wrote:

>If I try to move to
> Sawmill, my screen goes blank.  Do I need to completely
> deinstall/reinstall GNOME?

Just to make sure, when you say 'screen goes blank', do you mean no X
session starts at all, or do you get the 'houndstooth' stipple that
X has as its 'default background'?  I mention it because sawmill/fish
explicitly *does not* assign a background, so if you had been setting the
bg image with E, then you would see that problem until setting the bg image
in Gnome.

I've got Helix Gnome and sawfish running on Debian woody here, and it's
wonderful!  Let me know if there are any config files, etc., I can send
your way.

--
 Chris H. Bidler                                   cbidler@talkware.net

 "In any event, is a O^(log N) search that returns the wrong answer
  really better than an O^N search that returns the right answer?"