Color Depth changing in XFree 86

Does anyone know if there is a hot key sequence for changing
color depth in XFree86?  In other words, is there an equivalent
to control-alt-+/- (which changes resolution)? Or do I have
to restart the xserver whenever I change color depth?

I have an application that only runs in 8 or 24 bit, but I like
to run in 16 bit.  8 bit is just ugly (too many apps steal
too many colors) and 24 bit is streaky with either the SVGA
or S3V xservers and my video card/monitor
at the resolutions I like to run at (1024x768 or 1152x864).

Extra, probably useless info:
video card 	-	Stealth 3D 2000 (S3 virge chipset)
monitor		- 	17 inch Mag Innovision
frequencies	-	30-64 kHz horizontal, 50-100 Hz vertical

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Crumley                  |