Re: [TCLUG:20581] cable modems and linux

Perhaps I don't quite understand the problem. If you have a cable modem,
and only one box (which is linux), you should merely have to run the DHCP
client, which is dhcpcd, not dhcpd. This rpm should be found among the
files on the install disk. No configuration should be required. Installing
the package will also put the docs in /usr/doc/dhcpcd-*/.

Andy.