Re: [TCLUG:20606] Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

On Aug 22, 2000, Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com> wrote:
> After upgrading to the latest version of gtk, I am not getting the following
> warning:
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> Anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?

My guess is that the app is linking against libc, rather than glibc.
This error is probably caused by the following code:

  gchar* gdk_set_locale (void)
  {

    if (!setlocale (LC_ALL,""))
      g_warning ("locale not supported by C library");
  }

IIRC glibc includes the gettext library, while libc does not.  Try an
ldd against the app and see what you get.  Are you using the latest
HelixCode packages?  A guy at the office was getting this error too.  My
theory is that whoever made the packages linked against the wrong libc.
Of course, if you compiled it yourself, then I don't know.

John

--
dusk@ravendusk.org                            http://www.gnome.org
jsheets@codeweavers.com                  http://www.worldforge.org