[OT] Things that go *BEEP* in the night...

This isn't a linux question, but it's driving me nuts so I must ask
someone.  I purchased a new case last week and moved my old system out of
its case and into the new one.  Had no problems getting my computer back
up, and for 3 days I was smiling proudly as I looked at my new full tower
on wheels.

Then it started randomly rebooting itself.  At first it did it once when I
wasn't looking, and I assumed I just bumped a key or something.  Then I
tried adding my SCSI tape drive and all hell broke loose.  I hooked up the
cabling, started it up, and it went into a cycle of rebooting itself.
Sometimes it would start loading linux,and at some point during the boot
sequence it would reboot.  Sometimes it rebooted during the memory check.
It did this 4 times before I unplugged the SCSI cable and turned it back
on.  Did the same thing.  Unplugged the power cable, and it booted fine,
only to mysteriously reboot 6 hours later.  This morning as I was laying
in bed contemplayting whether or not to get up before my alarm went off I
heard the modem click (my first indication that it's going to reboot) then
seconds later a loud beep as the linux install CD booted up.  About 30
seconds later, same thing.

Does anyone have an idea of what happened??  I'm thinking either I
staticly discharged on the board when I moved it (it's being replaced in a
few months anyway) or my 300 watt ATX power supply is freaking out.
Anyone have an idea??????

TIA,
Brian