Re: [TCLUG:20758] samba, authorization, apache and win95

> If you want to authinticate someone through apache, there is a mod_pam
> module that lets apache go to a PAM sorce for authintication. (You
> will have to chage existing .htaccess files not to go to PAM, see
> documentation)

I have apache running on the same machine as running samba. If I configure
mod_pam on apache, it will ask for a username and password which it will
send to pam, right? Pam will then authorize based on my /etc/shadow.  Is
there a way for apache to not ask for a username/password but check if the
computer trying to connect has already sucessfully login into my samba
domain login? Will apache's mod_pam -> Pam_smb do this or just provide a
circutious route to my local /etc/shadow since smaba and pam_smb and
apache are all running on the same machine and using teh same password
file.

Thanks,

Ben