Re: [TCLUG:13176] Rants off...late night...sorry

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 10:13:54PM -0800, ^chewie wrote:
>I'm sorry I went off like that.  I just got off a 20 minute phone
>conversation -- debate -- with my girlfriend, a CS student at UMD, over
>the merits and flaws of emacs and vi.

I would like to meat a woman who could have this conversation. This kicks ass.
And I agree with you, the young'ns need to be exposed to things that are a
little "un-intuitive" to streatch thier little minds. They are more likely to
soak it all up now at any rate. But why not use vim instead of vi. Just a
thought. Emacs is o.k. if you are into that sort of thing. Personally (and I
don't wan't to start a flame war) I dislike emacs, but I have never had a
reason to learn it, or a need for it's many uses I've heard so much about. All
I see is big, slow, and cumbersome like my old man. He is an emacs-like guy I
think. just my 2 cents.

--
Ben Lutgens  System / Network Administrator CS Solutions Inc
1821 University Ave, St. Paul, Mn

PGP signature