Re: [TCLUG:13189] US West at it's US Worst...

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Ben Beuchler wrote:

> Heh heh...
>
> We lost all of our DSL customers for a while (about an hour) yesterday.
> The router was alarming, saying that the ATM link to US West was down.  We
> tried to call them and (this is when we first realized that it was
> something BIG) and got a fast busy signal!  Normally, as you know, those
> only show up during tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, and Mother's Day.
>
> When we (I) finally managed to talk to a tech there (after our link came
> back up, of course) we learned that they had lost, not just our link, but
> 96 (that's ninety-six!!) T3 lines!
>
> Ouch.
>
> Ben
> --
> "There is no spoon"
> 	-- The Matrix

(From MRNet -- 12:13:39 yesterday afternoon)
<snip=MRNet specific stuff>
We have reports that USWest downtown Minneapolis CO lost a major DACS after
11 am today. This is causing widespread telecommunications (data and voice)
problems in the Minneapolis area.
</snip>

More details for'ya.  =)

--