Re: [TCLUG:13229] win2k

  Hi,

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Christopher Palmer wrote:

> > Or we could get really crazy and actually attend the conference, see what
> > they have to say about Windows 2000, and just pretend to be normal people.
> Both, of course. Some of us may end up facing W2K in a job environment, so
> we should be ready for that while at the same time working to prevent that
> from happening.

I completely agree. I do dislike Microsoft operating systems, but I
dislike them for a good reason - I know too much about them. I want to
know what kind of competition Unix is facing, and I want to know what
people will be throwing at me as reasons for migrating to a Microsoft
platform, so that I can be prepared with counter-reasons.

If there's one thing I hate, it's being called a Unix bigot. I'm more than
wlling to listen to Microsoft talk, altohugh after all these years I doubt
they'd convince me to migrate...

-Yaron