Re: [TCLUG:13268] The Win2K Launch Thing

> > Actually, I'm on FreeISO right now... I'll make RH61, Mandrake, Slackware
> > and debian. I'm assuming these are all bootable and 1-CD? Suggestions for
> > different dists? How to make labels? Just use a CD-Safe pen?
>
> You can get little devices designed to put paper labels on CDs for ~$30,
> IIRC, including a bunch (50?  100?) of labels.  Can probably find 'em at Best
> Buy or CompUSA, though I haven't looked lately.

Warning: I've been using these paper labels on CDs that I write for a while,
and I've had a fairly high percentage of the CDs turn out unreadable on some
machines.  I don't know for a fact that it's the labels causing the trouble,
but I suspect it is.  I think perhaps they cause the CD to be unbalanced.
Anyone else have experience with this?

--Mark

Mark Phillips @ Geometry Technologies, Inc.
Suite 260, 400 Sibley St., St. Paul  MN  55101
651-223-2884, Fax 651-291-2402
mbp@geomtech.com       http://www.geomtech.com