Re: [TCLUG:13414] Analogies

Here's an analogy from the opendvd.org website (that I somehow missed
until now)...

Food for thought:

     "Look, it's like this - a DVD Movie is basically just a message [the
movie] written in secret code on a piece of paper. To read the
     message [watch the movie,] you need a secret decoder ring. To be a
pirate, you need a photocopier, but you don't need a
     decoder ring because you don't really care what the secret message
is, as long as your photocopier makes nice, crisp copies that
     your client (who has a decoder ring) can read. All these guys did was
make a decoder ring that works under linux, because all the
     commercial decoder rings only run on Windows [or standalone DVD
players.]"

______         _ __         REAL men use LINUX!!!       Fight Junk Email!
  /           ' )  )                                   http://www.cauce.org
 / o ______    /  / _  . .  http://www.visi.com/~tneu/