Re: [TCLUG:13229] win2k

> Cost of Microsoft Windows 2000:                 $500
> Cost of server to run it:                       $10,000
> Cost of software to run business:               $10,000
> Cost of administrator to install everything:    $80,000
> Cost of BSOD:                                   priceless

ROTFLMAO.

If you're going to hand out CD's, why not be distribution nutrual and
have a general, easy to read comparsion between distros. I mean, RedHat
is ok, but there are better things out there. Make sure people know
linux is not made by RedHat.

Debian is probally out, I can't imagine giving out two biniary CDs for
slink and something like 4 for potato. Same goes for SuSE. But have a
flyer there anyway. The sheer number of packages in these distributions
might appeal to some.

Might as well hand out Corel. Haven't tried Corel yet but it's kinda
nifty looking (might try it on my gf's computer =) Caldera is in the
same niche as Corel, olny they use rpms, and Lizard seems to be kinda
slick. Might as well have a few copies on hand. Don't forget Slackware
7. And a few redhat CD's wouldn't hurt, but do we have to? =)

Whoever can guess my least favorite distro wins a cookie.

Hmm...maybe have a donation jar for the CD's. Donate to some linux fund
or a charity or just help to cover the costs of CD's.

And a sign with Chris McKinley's Master Card parody on it might be an
eye catcher.

Ohoh...boss type.

Bad monkey, back to work!