Re: [TCLUG:13411] DVD Protest Roundup..

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 09:10:25PM -0600, Mike Hicks wrote:
> I got back from Har-Mar a little while ago.  Tim and I were
> discovered pretty quick, so we had to stand outside along Snelling.
> We managed to stand out there until 8:00 though..  We were going to
> head back inside and just talk to the other group that hadn't been
> kicked out yet (3 TCLUG-ers and about 5 2600 people), but they were
> getting kicked out just as we came back inside.  Did you guys go
> anywhere else?  Tim and I were warming up inside a bit, so we didn't
> see where you went..

	Scott and I went to a coffee shop on 14th and Nicollet called
'Cafe Guru' after we left.  There were a bunch of 2600 kids there, and a
few other TCLUGers showed up after we got there.

	The basic story is that we ended up being kicked out of almost
everywhere we went.  The suburbanization of America has left it with no
public spaces anymore.  :-(

	We did manage to hand out a fair number of fliers before we were
kicked out.  I'd say about 75% of them ended up actually being read.
People seemed responsive.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature