Re: [TCLUG:13459] Frozen Solid with KVM Switch was "EEP! NOT GOOD!!"

Brian,

Have you shut off all BIOS "energy saving" parameters? What kind of KVM
switch is it?

I am including the next bit, not because it will help you, but because
the topic is similar.

I have had a strange problem with a Win98/RH6 box locking and rebooting.
It was (and is) attached to a Belkin KVM switch, but the problem
revealed itself when I saw gpm using 9% of the processor when I ssh-ed
from another machine (the KVM switch should have been saying "I'm
connected and doing nothing", not "I'm doing so much I'd like 9% of the
processor time please"). I unplugged the KVM mouse cable from the PS/2
mouse port and use a serial mouse and everything is fine (with that box)
now. :-| I still use the KVM's PS/2 keyboard and video, but having two
mice around is annoying. That is why, I suppose, people recommend the
more expensive KVM switches ;-).

Good luck,

Troy

--
# Where would you find a grain of salt big