Re: [TCLUG:13459] EEP! NOT GOOD!!

> I'm hoping I can get this machine to NOT fall asleep anymore, so that on
> those rare occasions we don't need to worry.

Are you running X on that box, or is it a console-only thing?  You can
disable X blanking by running 'xset -dpms' and by making sure
xscreensaver is appropriately configured.  Console blanking can be
disabled (I think) by running the appopriate 'setterm' command
(unfortunately, setterm appears to be largely undocumented)

Also, I assume that by saying 'fall asleep', you mean the display and
not the hard drive or any other part of the computer, right?

You should make sure that there is not another cause of the halting
system.  It may just be happening to crash when the console is blanked..

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Protect Your Rights: