Re: [TCLUG:13453] sendmail error, stumpped

Adam Maloney <adam@iexposure.com> writes:

> Whichever machine has the MX record pointing to it for the domain.  When
> e-mail gets sent to mn.mtu.net (or mtu.net?) which machine does it go
> to?  If you're sending e-mail to someone@mn.mtu.net, and the mail goes
> to eggplant, then eggplant will need mn.mtu.net in it's sendmail.cw.
>
> If the cw file is empty, make sure that sendmail is even using it:
> grep "^Fw" /etc/sendmail.cf to see what file it wants.  If you don't
> come up with any matches, then try grep "^Cw" and see if it's just
> specified in the .cf

Mail never goes to mn.mtu.net.  I suppose if it would then it should goto
disk.mn.mtu.net.  I always address my mail as jpschewe@disk.mn.mtu.net or
jpschewe@eggplant.mn.mtu.net, so it knows which machine to goto.  I just tried
adding mn.mtu.net to /etc/sendmail.cw on disk.mn.mtu.net and still no luck.
It's almost as if the mail never gets off eggplant.mn.mtu.net.  I'm sending
mail from eggplant to disk, disk has sendmail always running as a daemon,
eggplant does not have sendmail running, but /etc/sendmail.cf on eggplant has
disk as the smart host.

--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe