Re: [TCLUG:13480] MediaOne 2 way cable How-To

My experience with the techs was that they were much more open to the idea.
At least on my end of things, DHCP is used, and the MAC of the NIC used
during the install is required.

I know that the salespeople also said one needs to have a machine at least a
150MHz pentium, and at least 32 meg of RAM.  I argued for a while about
this, but they didn't change their story.

I ended up having them come out, install the modem in a windows box that had
a NIC in it already(I recommend when choosing one of your own NIC's that you
find the one with the lowest MAC addy possible, so that it comes up as eth0
under linux.)  Once they had left, I yanked the NIC from the windows box,
and dropped it into a 486/66 with 24M RAM, running Coyote.  Everything works
fine...

Brian