Apache-PHP-MySQL

Greetings to all,

	I decided to play around a bit with PHP, so I loaded the RH6 supplied
rpm (mod_php3?) and fiddled with the Apache configuration files and it
works. Since that was so much fun, I decided to access my MySQL database
from PHP, but it doesn't seem to work "right out of the box".

	What I'd like to know, before I search too hard, from someone who is
"in the know": Can PHP->MySQL connectivity be made to work using the rpm
versions of Apache and PHP3, or would one be better off grabbing the
source.

	In case I am just doing something wrong and need to shoved in the right
direction, here is an error message I get when including a MySQL
specific function in a PHP3 web page:

Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_connect()
in
/home/taj/public_html/test3.php3 on line 10

	In the event I must dump the rpms, I have the source for Apache 1.3.11
and PHP 3.0.14 downloaded. Any hazards I should be aware of?

	Any help will be appreciated, as will any RTFMs (assuming the sender
knows I will eentually find what I am looking for). Thank you,

Troy